maandag 28 september 2009

picture in picture in picture


I checked this link on Trendbeheer to the ING bank-art collection website and was surprised to find this painting by Frans Clement in it. It depicts an electricity powerhouse in Eindhoven with a SKIP-piece on it from 1985, it used to be close to where I lived as a kid. This piece to me was one of the first encounters with graffiti, I loved it. To see it on a photo-realistic painting in a big art-collection of a big near-bankrupt bank's homepage on the internet in the middle of a financial crisis ("What art offers is space – a certain breathing room voor the spirit" bla bla) to me is a pretty special trip down memory lane.

Here is the picture I have of it from 1988:

2 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

mooie ontdekking!

gl zei

pretty trippy indeed!